The poem All Luminous Over the Rain was penned by Jasmine Seeker as she walked the long roads to the Tin Sun Kingdom and set her eyes upon the Night’s Slave, a notorious pirate vessel docked in town.
All Luminous Over the Rain
So dark within the fog
I enjoy damp vampires about the air
Alass, Alack! The feeling will go
All dazzling on the wind
We divine wanting bugs before the sky
Ahhh! The thought is dying
All luminous over the rain
I breathe red gems below the earth
Awaken! The Fool is going
blurring at the edges
an unreliable map
In whose arms
chase his dream
not knowing why
A list of some fabulous colors seen on the walk to the Tin Sun Kingdom.
- Antet – The yellow of charisma and of amber in one’s fears.
- Nedemsyta – A bleached green. Used to write about sloth.
- Jatiraun – A vibrant blueish-green. Paintings using this color stop insanity.
- Runorpe – The orange of amber that can only be imagined. It is the color of things that cannot be put out of your mind.
- Ande – The red of disgust and of rust.
- Ochse – A sickly reddish-orange. Paintings using this color invite happiness.
- Elve – A sober yellow. Ink of this color is used only for forbidden occult writing.
- Plea – The green of laughter and of lied about seaweed.
- Cofreiene – A washed-out yellowish-orange. Used to write about doubt. Things written in this color can be seen out of the corner of your eye after you read them.
- Iute – The yellow of sunlight. The color of both unforeseen insights and of forgetfulness.